- To promote and enhance communication among family members, owners, managers, partners, and professional alliances.
- To reinforce the importance of a multifaceted approach to succession planning – with consideration of what is best for farmer, family, and the business.
- To inspire confidence in owners to move toward the achievement of their most heartfelt desires.
- To define concepts involved in comprehensive succession planning, which include Business Planning, Management/Ownership Succession, Retirement Design, Wealth Accumulation, and Estate Planning.
- To strengthen the succession planning foundation of each family business.
- To outline actions necessary for step-by-step succession planning.
- To encourage the practical application of comprehensive succession planning in order to maximize the legacy passed from one generation to the next.
- To encourage sound preparation so that a financially viable business opportunity may be passed to the next generation.
- To encourage contingency planning in case of premature death or disability of the business owner.
- The book is a working blueprint, promoting a comprehensive succession system designed to achieve readers’ objectives – passing the farm or agribusiness interest on to their heirs as a lasting legacy.
10-Step Succession Planning Checklist for Business Owners
Our Spokane succession planning checklist addresses the goals of the business owner and the family. Take 10-Steps toward a more secure future